Clean hands when fishing - Soap that lathers in seawater
Saltwater has an interesting effect on soap. If you use normal household soap, which lathers well at home, and take it to use in the sea, you will have absolutely no lather at all because of the high salt levels in the sea prevent the normal soap from lathering.
So we made this soap differently. We still combine all-natural oils but in this soap, we have used oils which easily produce a good lather so that it can overcome the right sodium chloride or salt in the sea, and create a rich lather than can help you wash your hands.
So, if you're out fishing and you've got to get the fish guts out of your hands, then just reach for SoapOman's Fisherman's Soap to help.
As with all Soapoman soaps, our soaps are still made for sensitive skin, so you can rest assured that with our all-natural oils, your skin will only get clean, nothing else.
Handcrafted in New Zealand.
- pH neutral and so mild on your skin
Lathers beautifully in saltwater
- Hydrating oils to naturally moisturise the skin
- Luxuriate in the lather created thanks to the all-natural plant oils
- Absorb the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of Tea Tree Oil
- Good for you, good for the world we live in - 100% Vegan
At SoapOman we definitely believe that less is more.
That's why we keep our ingredients natural and to the minimum.
We only use what we have to - nothing more and nothing less.
Our Fisherman's Soap only contains:
- 3 x Saponified Oils (this just means it has been turned into soap)
Natural Essential Oil - Tea Tree
All soaps use Lye. Lye is the ingredient that changes the Oils into a bar of soap. Lye is made by combining Sodium Hydroxide (or Caustic Soda) in water before mixing with the oil.
The mixture is then left for up to 48hrs to allow the oil and lye to react and turn into soap. At the end of the process, there is no lye left in the soap.
Please note: Ingredients are subject to change and customer should always check the packaging for the latest ingredient list.
For further information about any of the ingredients, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Change a Winning Formula?
We have tried many ways to make a soap that lathers in seawater using our traditional recipe. However, the mixture of the 4 oils has prevented the soap from creating a rich lather in the seawater.
So we went back to basics to understand how we could create a soap that could lather in seawater.
We kept 2 key oils from our main formula:
- Olive Oil - Whilst Olive Oil hydrates the skin, it is also responsible for a significant proportion of the lather effect of the soap in the 4 oil recipe, so this soap needed to have olive oil
- Coconut oil - Coconut Oil is the magic ingredient in our soaps and allows the soap to not just hydrate but to also nourish the skin. We are also lucky because it is one of the most lathering oils in our recipe.
- Castor Oil - This oil has so many good things going for it. It is wonderfully moisturising and hydrating for your skin and it also creates small bubbles perfect for lathering when washing. It is for this reason that we include Castor oil in both our fisherman's oil and our shaving soaps.